About Me

My photo
I write the weirdest things and I think my blog is Themeless..all sorts of junk put into one.. being random is common these days..So i guess Im common..I climb trees when i was young just to have fun with friends.. now that we have gotten older.. we bbq.. My sisters are my source of inspiration.. my friends are importand to me..Im not religious I just love Jesus.. Im the happiest when I can make a person smile.. I want to travel all around the world one day.. especially Japan.. pls help me get there.. Amen!

drey say..anythingla


Friday, August 28, 2009

The Lost art of strolling..


Definition: To walk along or through at a leisurely pace.
I was reading an article on how the modern society has lost the art of 'strolling', I coundn't agree more. In uni everyday, I am surrounded by people walking toward different places, people who have classes to go to, assignments to hand in, presentation that need preparing.. everywhere is rush here, rush there.. As I continued on reading, I was amused when I read about a guy in a bussines suit strolling on the busy streets of New york, the writer wrote, the guy had a smile on his face and his hands in his pocket walking slowly, the writer explain that it was something very new to him because this guy looked almost lost like he did not fit into the picture of the rushing zombies.. 'going against the flow' I would put. Call me weird but I laughed when I was reading that particular part of the article.. How I wish I was there to see 'that guy'.
Why is it a lost art? because many years ago, looking into classical literatures and history books, notice many great inventors and artists get inspired by just strolling. Today everyone is walking with a GOal in mind, 'Get this done', 'have to do this first', 'what am I going to about this problem'.. very few, have time to just walk and letting our mind be free. The soul of strolling has something very special that this modern society has forgotten, that is to be at peace with one self and the world, To get away from 'the world' and just be inspired by everything around you.. Now, I fully understand the phares 'Take time to smell the roses'..
Its like a quiet time with God, I remembered Ps.Cheli telling us how sometimes its the hardest thing for a christian to do.. to just find a quiet time and let God speak to you.. praying is one thing but to be still and listening.. is a challenge to us all- the new generation.
So now, I have decided to start strolling, yes me -the can never sit still, always on go, and have so many places to go to tasha- I started one week ago, after class I would take the long route home, the rule.. NO RUSHING. it was hard at first because I had so many things in mind that I feel I needed to get done.. then I had to stop and retrace my thoughts, I laughed at myself for all the things I was thingking about. I coundn't belive how in just a few seconds my mind could jump to a list of chores and some was just silly.. example.. must be home by sun down (when it was just like 12 noon??) get homework done by 9'oclock because I want to watch tv??, or what to eat? if I cook this.. how about the veggie? the meat? .. or should I shower 1st or do homework? .. why am I walking so slow??.. =).. told you they were silly.. but so far its getting better.. and I walk slow even in the rain, .. a thought came to me from the Bible.. 'Let tommorrow worry for itself'.. see even God is asking to us chillax.. so I challege you all, yes! you the 'BUSY' one.. to start strolling.. you never know, what you will see and hopefully it will help you to feel more inspired in whatever you do..
* The picture is not exactly what many would call strolling, but I choose to intreperet it as away we should stroll, -gracefully like a ballet dancer.. =)

No comments: