About Me

My photo
I write the weirdest things and I think my blog is Themeless..all sorts of junk put into one.. being random is common these days..So i guess Im common..I climb trees when i was young just to have fun with friends.. now that we have gotten older.. we bbq.. My sisters are my source of inspiration.. my friends are importand to me..Im not religious I just love Jesus.. Im the happiest when I can make a person smile.. I want to travel all around the world one day.. especially Japan.. pls help me get there.. Amen!

drey say..anythingla


Saturday, February 23, 2008

wanting a meal..


You may think this picture is probably some other picture u will see on magazines promoting awareness in the world's poverty.. U may think so.. but there is a Story behind this unbelieveable picture..

this photograh is showing a starving Sudanese child being stalkked by a vulture won Kelvin Carter the 1994 Pulitzer Prize for feature photograhy..

the story behind this picture was incredible which made a great impact to the world.. Sadly, Kelvin Carter commited SUICIDE after receiving the award.. when he was interviewed by The New York Times.. he admited tht he didnt do much to tht baby..he just tried to chase the vulture away.. after taking the photo he sat under a tree and light a cigarette.. when ask why didnt he do more??.. Kelvin just answered.. this was just one photo among thousands of starving children around tht area!!!... OH MAn.. think about it.. no wonder he when through depression.. tht was just one shot.. and wont an award..imagine if he took more photos of other children..

now thinking about wht he just said made me think.. Carter chose to be an observer rather than a participant.. I dont want tht in my life.. God made a reason for us here on earth to help those in need.. I want to be able to be use by God..

ps: I believe God has a pupose for everything.. It wasnt by chance You came by to read this post.. there must be a reason somewhere.. Listen to God.. and do his will.. it can be anything like just helping out a friend or cooking for somebody.. believe me.. God wants to use u..

2 comments:

Jervynna said...

wow. such a big message frm such a small girl.ur msg touched my heart.honest.

Natasha said...

thanks jer.. haha