About Me

My photo
I write the weirdest things and I think my blog is Themeless..all sorts of junk put into one.. being random is common these days..So i guess Im common..I climb trees when i was young just to have fun with friends.. now that we have gotten older.. we bbq.. My sisters are my source of inspiration.. my friends are importand to me..Im not religious I just love Jesus.. Im the happiest when I can make a person smile.. I want to travel all around the world one day.. especially Japan.. pls help me get there.. Amen!

drey say..anythingla


Monday, April 13, 2009

ABC easy as 123

The ABC.. how long has it been since you sang along the ABC song? isn't it amazing that with just 26 alphabets many words can be form, and from those words stories are made.. through the stories, different lives are touched?.. something so simple used in a big way..

This year for me Easter was spend helping out as a 'Librarian' for the Reading Bus project done by Bethany Ministries with the aim of helping different villages around Kuching to appreciate the English Language. We (Ps.Che Chung, Janna, Pei Sing, Ben, Grace and I).. went to Kampung Pasir Ulu.. which was about 1km away from the border of Indonesia.. haha.. we were so near to Indonesia that Maxis send text msg welcoming us to Indonesia.. talk about "I will follow you".. beat that Digi.. haha..jk..

Seeing all those kids get excited when we told them that all the books, that we had with us was for them to read and enjoy made me remember the first time I learned to read.. it was in Kindy.. St.faith.. it was a Peter and Jane book.. man, I love that book.. but the best memory I had of my reading ability was when I was around 6 years old and notice as my mum would drive around, that I was able to pronounce all the name of the shops as I pass them by.. That was what made me understand the Importance of reading.. I thought to myself.. 'this reading stuff is pretty cool and useful after all'.. haha..

As I grew older, reading became more of a homework than a fun thing to do while you are bored kind of thing, but by primary 4, my encounter with one of the most inspiring English teacher that I have ever known and Thank God for Mrs. Anna Hon made me realise my love for books. Yup, thanks to her, I improve on my English.. and thanks to her reading became one of my hobbies, she thought me the best way to gain knowledge is through Books..

Mrs. Anna Hon, was a really cool teacher, she not only inspired me but my whole class.. through her teaching she made English Fun and interesting. She was strick but at the same time caring, she was not a afraid to push her students to do the best that they could. She was frank but not hurtful, she encourage each and everyone of us.. I am a living testimony of her works, me and all those who she taught can honestly say.. she was truly a person full of passion. My friend who was weak and not confident in the English language at the beginning of the year finished reading the Harry Potter book later that year and was ahead of some of us when she was one of the first to buy the second book. I was so inspired by Mrs Anna Hon's ability to plant that excitement into someone's heart within three years.

While I was getting encouragement in school through Mrs.Anna, at home Manda, my older sister became my strength or should I say my contender.. hahaha.. I would remember fighting over a book with her, waiting for her to finish it.. Her love for books also came from Mrs.Anna, who actually I can honestly say changed her , Mrs.Anna was a big part of her life and thanks to that ever since primary 2, I prayed that God would make her my English teacher one day.. (amen He answers prayers). My sister was the first HEAD LIBRARIAN in SRB St.TERESA.. haha, that post stayed on to her even until now, she would wrap all the books and organise all the books in the house, from Enid Blyton to Goosebumps to EVEN the ARCHIE COMICS!!!.. (I secretly thinks she has mild OCD).. haha.. jokes, jokes..

Wow, talk about memories.. anyway as I was observing the kids in Pasir Ulu, while they were reading, I saw a little of me in everyone of them, some were happy to just finish a book, some were mesmerise by the pictures.. and some struggling with the words. I pray that one just like me they would realise how cool reading is and in turn be inspired to write their own books.. Their future and inspiration could be from the Reading bus, just like Mrs. Anna Hon was to me and my friends..

5 comments:

Princess Lia said...

I was never taught by Mrs Hon but she was very nice to me. She even gave me money to phone.

Natasha said...

haha.. yeah too bad she retire, my sis didnt get to know her either..

Sura said...

SRB St. Teresa my dear sister. Not secondary ;) ADUH..habis, the world knows about me and books!hahaha;) Hugguh.

Happy said...

NUT!! i miss calling you that. haha. eh eh eh, che chung is a pastor now???? wow!! haha

Natasha said...

Hahahaha.. yeah ho! sori.. ndak medak, shall change it.. HAPPY! or should I say grumpy!(only I have call u that).. yup! just this year!.. come to Bethany on saturday got alpha.. then u can see him in action!.. haha